Wilson throws for 2 TDs, runs for another as Seahawks win

Topics à propos du iPod Touch, toutes les générations

Wilson throws for 2 TDs, runs for another as Seahawks win

Messagepar linlybest » 08 Déc 2017, 04:01

CLEVELAND, Ohio Browns linebacker Demario Davis, who signed a two year deal with the Browns Wednesday worth $8 million, is expected to start and help shore up the 30th ranked run defense.

Davis, who started all 16 games the past three years for the Jets, will compete for a starting job at inside linebacker with Chris Kirksey and Karlos Dansby. At the very least, he'll be part of a three cheap jerseys man rotation inside.

It remains to be seen what the signing means for Dansby, 34, who's under contract for two more years at $5 million a year. In 2014, he signed a four year deal worth $24 million, including a $6 million signing bonus and $12 million guaranteed, so he's already worked off his guarantee.

"There's a lot of positive energy in this building," Davis said in cheap jerseys a Browns release. "It seems like they're ready to take this organization in the right direction. I felt nothing but positive vibes from (executive vice president of football operations Sashi Brown) all the way down to the defensive coordinator and the head coach. I just felt like this was the best fit for me and my family. I wanted to be a part of what was going on here so I'm happy to be a part of it.

"I just want to be able to come in and help as best as possible. I take pride in being a run stopper. I take pride in covering. I take pride in playing in space, being a sideline to sideline backer. I take pride in getting after the quarterback. I just want to be able to do whatever the coach is asking of me."

Browns fans might remember Davis as the player who earholed Josh McCown and sent him helicoptering into the end on the first drive of the opener.

McCown, who left the game with a concussion, took it to the Jets on that opening drive and felt the Browns may have had a good chance to win if he could've finished wholesale nfl jerseys the game. As it was, Johnny Manziel finished it out and the Browns lost 31 10.

The Browns also needed depth at the position because Craig Robertson, who started nine games last year, might sign elsewhere.

Davis finished second on the Jets with 89 tackles last year and should help shore up the 30th ranked run defense.

"I played for some great defensive minds," Davis said. "I played with a lot of great players. Just everything I've been able to learn over the four years is going to help me as I enter into the next chapter of my career.

"It's a tremendous coaching staff here. I'm excited at what they're trying to do. I'm trying to be the best player I can be. I think if I'm playing at the top of my game, I can be one of the best in the game. That's what I aim to do."

A third round pick of the Jets in 2012 out of Arkansas State, Davis started three games as a rookie and then become a full time starter in 2013, although fellow linebacker Erin Henderson saw more playing time than Davis as the season wound down.

In his four seasons, Davis (6 2, 240) has 392 tackles, 8.5 sacks, four fumble recoveries and an interception. He's recorded more than 100 tackles in each of the past three seasons and led the Jets in 2015 with 114.

The Browns have now signed three free agents, including offensive lineman Alvin Bailey and linebacker Justin Tuggle. Bailey and Tuggle were restricted free agents entering their fourth seasons and both were originally signed as undrafted rookies.
linlybest

Retour vers iPhone/iPod